BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Running a wall perpendicularly through an opening in another wall?

Anonymous
Not applicable
hope this makes sense...

i have a thick brick wall with a large opening spanning multiple stories. i'm trying to place a new partition wall perpendicular to the brick wall, through the opening in the brick wall, but the opening in the brick wall keeps subtracting from the partition. how do i prevent the opening from subtracting walls running through it perpendicularly?

1 REPLY 1
Lingwisyer
Guru
Split the thick wall vertically so that the reference line of your continuous wall does not intersect the other wall,
OR change the Layer of one of the walls to one with a different Intersection Group,
OR change the Building Material of the continuous wall to one that has a greater Intersection Priority.
If you are using AC23 or 24, you could also use the Opening Tool to create your opening.

Ling.

ps. You should add some details to your profile signature regarding your version of AC and the OS you are running as some issues and solutions are version and / or OS specific.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Learn and get certified!