BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

Sashless double hung window

Yvonne
Advocate

Is it possible to model sashless double hung window with AC26 windows? Specifically the Aneeta Windows https://aneetawindows.com.au/products/

AC26 | Win11 | 64 bit | 32Gb RAM | Intel i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Lingwisyer
Guru

Not with the default library. For a while I was using a two panel vertical multisash window with one set to top hung. Elevation wise, with the default windows you can basically zero the width of the sash frames, but you cannot modify their depth, so it looks a odd in 3D... Ended up giving in and using 4D windows for them...

If you only have a few of them, your best option is probably to model them on the floor plan and save them as custom windows.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Solution
Lingwisyer
Guru

Not with the default library. For a while I was using a two panel vertical multisash window with one set to top hung. Elevation wise, with the default windows you can basically zero the width of the sash frames, but you cannot modify their depth, so it looks a odd in 3D... Ended up giving in and using 4D windows for them...

If you only have a few of them, your best option is probably to model them on the floor plan and save them as custom windows.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Learn and get certified!