BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

Solar collector evacuated tube object no support (mechanical)

In my new building design I need to place the object "Solar Collector - Evacuated Tube". I have used this object many times before but this is the first time using it in AC26. The problem I am having is that I cannot select the mechanical support for the object (the selection box is "grayed out" and in the unselected mode). I never had this issue when using previous versions of AC. I even loaded my AC25 library from which I have placed this item with its support structure. I selected this object while using AC26 and I get the same issue of not being able to select the support. That tells me that there is a default action in AC26 that is different than AC25. Please note that I do not change the default settings selected when installing a new version of AC. Does anyone have an idea as to what is going on and how to fix it so I can select the support? Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly

Have you set an angle of incline?

If it is flat, the option for support is not available.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
Barry Kelly

Have you set an angle of incline?

If it is flat, the option for support is not available.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

Hello Barry:

Thank you as it solved my issue but it makes me wonder why the support option is not available when the angle of incline is zero. What if the roof is at the incline angle desired. In that case the required angle is zero degrees but a support will be needed as no one would create a design where the item just lies on the roof.  In my mind I think the support option should always be available and the support itself should have more options/features that the user can select. Items like length of support legs, material and style (like railing posts), etc. Maybe one of the software creators could create a new object with more options/features. Anyway, thanks for the reply as it solved my problem. Regards

I just looked at the object and there is a basic flat frame when the support is turned off.

Usually this frame would be fixed directly to the surface

It just doesn't have feet as the support does.

BarryKelly_0-1686535191346.png

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27
Learn and get certified!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions