Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Storefront/Wd Entrance Door

Anonymous
Not applicable
1) (D1 Storefront 3 10)-I like the storefront library object and its parametric controls which allow for lots of variation in design. My only wish regarding this object is it does not allow for adding more than one sidelight on either side of the door.

Can anyone recommend a third party software that allows the user to add multiple sidelights to either side of the door? I looked at the Objects Online site but could not tell if anyone of them have this capability. The other question is if the third pasty door object will be recorded in the door schedule alond with native door objects in AC10.

b) (D1 Entrance Side1 10)- Is there another way to plug in a width value for the sidelight? I could not find one.

Mac user.
7 REPLIES 7
Stress Co_
Advisor
Check Cadimage's Window/Door builder
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks I will look into it. I assume you have this software and it does have the features I described which are lacking in the two AC10 door objects.
Stress Co_
Advisor
Bala wrote:
(D1 Storefront 3 10) My only wish regarding this object is it does not allow for adding more than one sidelight on either side of the door.

Maybe I spoke too soon. I just messed with the Cadimage door.... and I couldn't get a 2nd sidelight ..... (same for the D1 Storefront) maybe someone with more Cadimage savvy can say.
Bala wrote:
The other question is if the third pasty door object will be recorded in the door schedule alond with native door objects in AC10.

Yes
Bala wrote:

(D1 Entrance Side1 10)- Is there another way to plug in a width value for the sidelight? I could not find one.

See attached.

I don't think Door/Window builder is perfect.... but I use it on almost every project.
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for testing it our Marc. I have to look into some of the add ons carried by Objects Online.
Anonymous
Not applicable
For multiple sidelights with a DWB door, actually use a window with the desired number of panels, make one of the panels a door.
Chazz
Enthusiast
s2art wrote:
For multiple sidelights with a DWB door, actually use a window with the desired number of panels, make one of the panels a door.
Exactly. I just discovered this on a project. Generally, D/W Builder can do anything I need but the difficulty is scheduling the result. In this case you will end up with a door that schedules as a window.
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
Anonymous
Not applicable
I did try inserting a door on W Ribbon 10 window object on plan but did not work for me. In the past I have placed a door next to the window overlapping the jambs.