Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Substitute for name_of_fill request

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi dear Forumgoers,

I'm in process of updating our company's library to archicad 20. Our "old" door objects had parameters for the finish layers on the wall on both sides of the door, obtained through a request (name_of_fill) line from the wall composite in the door parameter script. These parameters are then used for scheduling.

Since the name_of_fill request has been deprecated in AC20 this part of the object doesn't work anymore.

For simple walls I have the following code which does the job:

IF WALL_SKINS_NUMBER <1 THEN

parameters door_surf_mat_a = WALL_BMAT_NAME
parameters door_surf_mat_b = door_surf_mat_a

but for composites I am stumped.
I have tried

WALL_SKINS_PARAMS[1] for i from 1 to WALL_SKINS_NUMBERS;

which returns the fill´s index number, but I don´t know how to request the name of the fill from its index number.

I have tried WALL_BMAT_NAMES as well but apparently it only works in the 2D script. Which would probably be enough if I were programming a label but as said above this is for scheduling purposes.

Can anybody suggest an alternative? I'm looking for a way to return the value of either the fill or the building material of the 1st and the last layer of the composite material the door is set in.

Thanks in advance!
0 REPLIES 0

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!