Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Switching Custom Objects

toman311
Enthusiast
The answer to the problem I am having I cannot remember. I am hoping someone on ArchiCAD Talk can remind me.

I creating these brackets around a house and I have made a change to them. All of these brackets are a made up of a few different objects. The reason there are a few different kinds is because of the different roof pitches required a slightly different object. They are all very similar though. So, there are some changes to the brackets and I am trying to switch out the old one with the new one a just recently modeled.

So, I saved the new bracket as an object. When I select the brackets and select the new bracket version the brackets turn 90 degrees. This means they aren't resting against the wall anymore. So, I tried rotating the new bracket 90 degrees in the direction it needs to be to get the brackets to replace at the right angle. The problem here is that the bracket gets all distorted! Any ideas?

I have attached a picture showing an old bracket in a wood color and the new bracket in a black color. The black bracket is horribly distorted. Any ideas on how to get these brackets to come in at the right angle and not be distorted too?
>ArchiCAD 23, 7000 USA FULL

>iMac, 27-inch, 2020, Processor: 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7, Memory: 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB
0 REPLIES 0