BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Textures Library: Transfer Embedded data to remote Library file

Anonymous
Not applicable
In AC21 solo project, We have a project were the embedded library is heavy with texture images and objects. I've set up a remote library texture file and exported (i.e. copied) the texture images to it. I can add the library in the library manager. However, in Surface settings/load image from library, the textures library does not appear.

What needs to happen to resolve that issue? Secondly, will I have to reassign textures to surfaces from the textures library before deleting files from the embedded library?
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've figured out the first part of my inquiry. The file names in the textures library file were too long. Once the file names were made to be shorter in description, they would show up in the Surface setting dialog interface.
Barry Kelly
Kevin wrote:
Secondly, will I have to reassign textures to surfaces from the textures library before deleting files from the embedded library?

No so long as they are in at least one loaded library, Archicad will find them automatically (but not if you have renamed them).

If they exist in more than one loaded library, that is when you will get warnings about 'Duplicates'.
You can then see where they are and delete one of the duplicates (in this case from your Embedded Library'.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!