Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Transitioning to AC14 - Library misery

Anonymous
Not applicable
AKA - GS I want the last three hours of my life back.

I am not alone in ranting about the library hell caused by GS and their yearly upgrade cycle. IMHO it is a major issue that cannot be (repeatedly) ignored.

Did you know now in AC14 BIM Server you have 'modules' for different versions of AC? Great, so now you can have different versions of files hosted concurrently.
Sounds sensible.
However did you know the library manager makes no distinction as to what libraries are associated with what version - they all lump together. Yes - a good user might look at the path and discern where each belongs and hence what version...but what about the mediocre user...?

(you could rename your library folders with version numbers. Ask people to ONLY load v13 folders for 13 files etc (already this is problematic...some struggle to know what version they are using) but be warned your renamed existing libraries can start playing up. Ours were such a disaster I had to revert to old setup).

And thats just the BIM server...what about the files themselves...different names each release...(CADIMAGE have destroyed the myth that it HAS to be this way)...need I go on?
0 REPLIES 0