BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

True 2D view of a GDL object after SEO

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, this is my first post so not familiar enough with the site to know if there are older posts relating to this specific query....
Is there a basic code that can be added to an object's 2D script that allows a true representation in plan, following an SEO.
I have a very basic knowledge of GDL scripting but was hoping that there's a quick fix.....When I use PROJECT2 3, 270, 2 in the 2D script box, it doesn't work.
Any help would be appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
SEOs do not appear in plan view for any elements except multi-plane roofs, morphs and shells - because these are the only 3 elements that use a top down 3D projection for their 2D plan view.
All other elements (slabs, walls, objects, etc.) 2D symbolic view that is not based on the actual 3D view.

Any reason why you need a slab object?
Why not use a composite slab and cut an actual hole in it with the pet palette (i.e. not an SEO).

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply Barry.

Using a GDL object for precast components (eg hollowcore planks) gives me a lot more flexibility when it comes to getting quantities / schedules from the model.
Learn and get certified!