Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

WINDOW IN CUSTOM PROFILE

Brad Norris
Contributor

I have a custom profile wall with a stone base and siding above. When I install doors and windows the plan view show them aligned in the stud wall but the 3d view show them to be clearly outside the siding. the opening reference line in the profile manager is set at the face of the siding.  It just isn't working. is there another setting I'm missing?

v25

6 REPLIES 6
Barry Kelly

In the complex profile, you can set the 'opening reference' position.

The 3D frame will be offset from this line.

I am not really sure what the second line at the back does - I just set that to the back of the wall.

The front line can also be split, so if your wall has various thicknesses at the front, you can stagger the line to suit.

It is the anchor point of the door/window (head or sill) that will be place on that line.

BarryKelly_0-1679283038489.png

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Brad Norris
Contributor

My apologies I misstated my problem.  the door and windows are correct in plan and 3D, its the casing that's acting weird.  The casing is correct in plan but it is out at the stone in 3D.  The opening reference lines are set as you say.

Brad Norris
Contributor

casing offsetcasing offset

Hmm, I don't use the default doors and windows.

But I think the casing gets information from cavity closure settings?

Maybe try a different setting for cavity closures?

Because it is a complex profile wall, the cavity closures might be sending/receiving the wrong information.

Is there a setting for no cavity closure?

Or try a generic setting?

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

Basically this needs to be looked into and fixed.  We have found that no casing is the way to go there is just no way to make that work correctly.  We have had glitchy problems with doors.   sometimes they work and sometimes they don't .  Even copying attributes from one that works to one that doesn't work  does not solve the problem, the non working door just has to be rebuilt.  We have found that if we place the door above the lower stone then slide it down seems to work more consistently.   

Set the opening reference lines as I showed in an earlier post.

Make sure the front one is set to the main upper wall face and not the face of the stone below.

You can also set the window anchor to the head and not the sill - then it may read the thickness of the wall at the head rather than the thicker sill.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27