Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Wallnich + Symbolic Cut Wall

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a custom wallnich in our project that was created simply by saving a slab with a "wallnich" ID. But it gets a little problematic in the plan-view.

In this project, we are using Symbolic Cut for the Floor Plan Display for the walls, but with this setting, the nisch cuts all the way through in the plan.

Is there a simple solution to that or do I have to code my own nisch-object using GDL and use that one instead?
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think custom saved Wallniches only work with "Projected" or "Projected with Overhead" Floor Plan Display.
But why can't you use "Projected" or "Projected with Overhead"?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Braza, I guess I'll have to give a gdl object a try then if there won't be any simple workaround.
This file that I'm working on is a whole block with houses at different heights and if we used Projected Display Setting, then it might not always work for us.
Lingwisyer
Guru
Any reason that you cannot use the default "Wall Niche Arch Top" window?

If so, you could probably add a Wallniche command to the 2D script of your custom object. Should be pretty easy, just that and a Wallpen.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Barry Kelly
Lingwisyer wrote:
Any reason that you cannot use the default "Wall Niche Arch Top" window?

The problem with that object is it has a nice arched top, but it also has an arched recess rather than a square one.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Lingwisyer
Guru
Ok... I just realised that there is no 3-point arc status code in GDL, so scripting on is a bit more complicated... Tried cheesing it with a MULy to get a arc height as a fraction of the half width but have yet to get it to work...

Anonymous
Not applicable
mbl wrote:
This file that I'm working on is a whole block with houses at different heights and if we used Projected Display Setting, then it might not always work for us.
I understand your frustration. Hotlinks "Delta" for FPCP are already in the Wish Section. You can vote here.
But if you are in this multileveled hotlinks situation, you will probably end up with the "Stitched Floor Plan Views" solution. In this case, you can set different FPCP (Floor Plan Cut Plane) for each hotlink. Then the Niche Projections will display ok on your layout.
Hope this help.
Lingwisyer
Guru

MULy cheese.

Lingwisyer_0-1648455409323.png