Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Which program - Modeling 3D objects

owo
Newcomer

What is the easiest program to create 3D elements such as furniture? I mean that the resulting model could be edited, for example the colors of the elements. Are there any dedicated programs for such things?

4 REPLIES 4
Jorge_Arreguin
Booster

Archicad

Lingwisyer
Guru

It would be easier to model furniture in SketchUp than ArchiCAD as you wouldn't have to work around each tools restrictions. The question here, is what are you modelling for, what is your end use, and how much detail do you need?

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Hmooslechner
Rockstar

To - much better learn to use Archicad - use Archicad to create 3D elements such as furniture.  Other progams can do that better of course - like Blender or Rhino, but its a possible huge task to learn them - and if you don't have other reasons - its not worth the effort.

Blender would have the benefit of an open source-program. Other programs are not so "cheap".  But blender is not cheap in a way that it takes a year or so to get used to its interface to work propperly. There are uncounted blender-tutorials and i would suggest, you begin with a donut-tutorial.  It has the fastest development these last years over all other programs by the way.

But - as mentioned above - use archicad and get better there! 

AC5.5-AC27EduAut, PC-Win10, MacbookAirM1, MacbookM1Max, Win-I7+Nvidia

First post by this user on this forum, so they might not even be using AC... wouldn't be the first time. XD

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660