Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Window Marker and Door Marker

Anonymous
Not applicable
How is it possible to save a windows marker? the ability to load a window marker is quite evident though i have had no luck following the little info there is on how to do this, i know the work arounds such as select all windows and doors and adjusting marker settings accordingly though i want to make my marker permanently there from the drop down.

I have searched and only info i have found is from 2011, please help.

Currently using Archicad 19 (Edu) on Mac OS 10.11.4
11 REPLIES 11
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
To create, for example, a new Window Marker:

1. Activate the Window\Toolbars\Edit GDL Library Parts menu command.
2. Click the Open Object by Subtype button.
3. In the appearing Dialog, to the following level of the hierarchy:
General GDL Object\Documentation Element\Drawing Symbol\Marker\Window-Door-Skylight Marker\Window Marker\
and select one of the available Markers, then click the Open button.
4. Activate the File\Save As menu command and save it under a new name, either into on of your linked libraries or into the Embedded Library.
5. Make your modifications to it.
6. The marker should be available in the Marker drop-down list of the Dimension panel of the Window Settings Dialog.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I had tried this previously without success, but realised i needed to tick off "placeable" instead of "use as subtype" for it to work, thank you very much, all is well.

[/img]
Llian
Advocate
How do I set the bubble W01 to top and the sill to bottom of the wall? I tried the flip but it is flipping the whole window. All I want is to reverse the marker so that the W01 is on the above the window?
Screen shot 2016-06-08 at 5.17.45 PM.png
Lilian Seow
LEED AP | cSBA
Interior-Architecture and BIM Management
AC20 USA | 27- macOS 10.14.6| 4 GHz Intel Core i7| 32 GB RAM | Archicad-user since 1994!
Llian
Advocate
OK..I found it in the setting - FLIP
Lilian Seow
LEED AP | cSBA
AC20 USA | 27- macOS 10.14.6| 4 GHz Intel Core i7| 32 GB RAM | Archicad-user since 1994!
naomihansen
Booster
I've been hoping for this for a long time and just now decided to search for a fix.
It would be a lot easier to do this as a separate Favorite, but short of that, it worked almost exactly as I was hoping. The only problem is I lost the ability to place the marker dynamically. The little pink handle on the marker is now black instead of pink, and I can't move it. I can change the position parameters, but it's much better to be able to drag it on the drawing.
I probably changed a parameter I was not supposed to change. Any idea which one?

Thanks Laszlo for the write-up.

Naomi

running AC19 on an iMac
Naomi Hansen
Terry & Terry Architecture

Running AC27 build 4001 USA on Mac OS14.1.2
Llian
Advocate
i have found the solution...it's in the marker type and there is a settion in there to flip for marker ...different from the flip for window orientation.
Lilian Seow
LEED AP | cSBA
Dave Jochum
Advocate
LaszloNagy wrote:
To create, for example, a new Window Marker:

1. Activate the Window\Toolbars\Edit GDL Library Parts menu command.
2. Click the Open Object by Subtype button.
3. In the appearing Dialog, to the following level of the hierarchy:
General GDL Object\Documentation Element\Drawing Symbol\Marker\Window-Door-Skylight Marker\Window Marker\
and select one of the available Markers, then click the Open button.
4. Activate the File\Save As menu command and save it under a new name, either into on of your linked libraries or into the Embedded Library.
5. Make your modifications to it.
6. The marker should be available in the Marker drop-down list of the Dimension panel of the Window Settings Dialog.
Lazlo--I'm pulling my hair out working through this. The settings done in this manner do not stick--at all. Either there is more to the story or there is missing info.
Dave Jochum
J o c h u m A R C H I T E C T S http://www.jochumarchitects.com
MBP 16" (M1 Max) 64 GB•OS 13.5.2•AC 27 Silicon (latest build)
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi Dave,

It works for me. What is it exactly that does not work for you?
Do you save it to the Embedded Library?
Is the new Window Marker available in the Dimension Marker panel of the Window Settings Dialog?
Does it have the settings you set as default in the Edit Library Part Dialog?

A screenshot or two would also be helpful.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Dave Jochum
Advocate

Lazlo,
I've saved the marker and it's always available to choose. The problem is that the marker size is never correct (always 73.7 instead of 26 pt) nor is the pen used (always 1 instead of 3). Every other custom setting is correct--font, font size and width, marker shape, positions, offsets, etc. Even overrides. See images.

Screen Shot 2020-04-26 at 1.43.34 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-26 at 1.36.48 PM.png

  

Dave Jochum
J o c h u m A R C H I T E C T S http://www.jochumarchitects.com
MBP 16" (M1 Max) 64 GB•OS 13.5.2•AC 27 Silicon (latest build)