Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Windows Horizontal Sunshade / Shutter Element

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am searching for a possibility to include movable horizontal sunshades as seen in the Morphosis project "Caltrans District 7 Headquarters". Till now I could only find sunshade elements that flip or slide in the vertical axis. Is there a window setting or a downloadable content available with a horizontal one? Another possibility would be to model it manually via postprocessing.

I am not skilled in creating GDL elements, so if there is a possibility to model and script such an object without much effort, as well as without creating a new window element, but rather adding a new sunshade setting to the existing one, it would be appreciated.

Thank you.

:: The Version is Archicad 15 on Windows 7

dma_morphosis_13.jpg
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
In order to explain it better I will add an additional image.
shuttter.jpg
rocorona
Booster
You sure know there is some element that you can simply use with the Object Tool. But if you want to have it tied to the window, there is a way, simple enough, I think. I made one, using the "personal shutter" feature.

As you can see in the picture, I made the SunShade element using some Slab (you can use Object and other elements), vertical and facing down. I had to add a very thin slab (with a big hole) approximately the same size of the typical window it goes on. This is needed as ArchiCAD tries to resize the object to match the host window. I made it a few cm floating over the proper SunShade, so when placed it will be hidden in the window frame.
Then I selected all the elements and Archive>Library and Objects>Save selection as>Shutter (not sure about the command name in English)
Finally, in the window setting, use the shown setting... almost all are important for the result
SunShade.jpg

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10
Thank you very much for the quick reply. It worked perfectly.
Custom Shutter Object.jpg
rocorona
Booster
Glad to help

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10