BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

basic window marker can't be moved?

heathldesign
Expert

i don't see any way to move the basic window marker. it looks like it is where it is. i have a window located close to a corner and the marker overlaps the wall so that when i print, the first character in the marker is obliterated by the wall. moving the window is not an option. i also can't see a way to fill the marker and bring it ti the front. do i really have to turn off the marker and place a text object?

MAC Studio 2022 M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 10 cores, AC26 5003 Apple Silicon USA
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly

@heathldesign wrote:

do i really have to turn off the marker and place a text object?

Yes.

Or use a different window marker (rather than the basic one) that gives you options to move or add a text background fill.

You could add just an independent fill around the marker text, bring the fill in front of the other wall and the wall with the window in front of that again.

Or use a label which can be moved independent of the window but is still associated to it (and can be brought forward or have a text background fill).

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Barry Kelly

@heathldesign wrote:

do i really have to turn off the marker and place a text object?

Yes.

Or use a different window marker (rather than the basic one) that gives you options to move or add a text background fill.

You could add just an independent fill around the marker text, bring the fill in front of the other wall and the wall with the window in front of that again.

Or use a label which can be moved independent of the window but is still associated to it (and can be brought forward or have a text background fill).

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

well, it really is basic, isn't it.

Thanks once again Barry

MAC Studio 2022 M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 10 cores, AC26 5003 Apple Silicon USA
Learn and get certified!