Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

custom panel door not built in curtain wall

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to insert a door different that the ones "built in" in the options of the curtain wall, but when I tried the custom panel turns the doors 90 degree on x axis.
Any ideas to solvet it ?
13 REPLIES 13
Lingwisyer
Guru
As in your door panel lies flat on the x/y axis? Did you create the door panel in plan? If not, then that would be the cause. I am having no issues with custom doors in my curtain walls.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Anonymous
Not applicable
I create the ensemble, wall+door, in an xz plane, because as far as I know to create the door in a xy plan you first need to lie in that plan the wall that contains that door and as far as I know you only can do that if the set is a morph.
Barry Kelly
Custom doors, windows and panels are best created in the XY plane - i.e. lying flat on the floor.
You can use slabs, walls, roof, morphs, etc., to create them.

If you want the exact size you can draw a fill on the elevation and copy & paste that onto the plan.
But you should find your custom object will re-scale automatically to suite the door, window or curtain wall panel size that you choose.
However you don't want them to re-scale too much as they may distort, so getting the correct size is a good idea.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
But can I lay down a wall in the plane xy?
Barry Kelly
darwinland wrote:
But can I lay down a wall in the plane xy?
You don't need to.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Can you clarify how can I draw a door in the xy plane to afterwards convert in a curtain wall panel?
Thank you
Barry Kelly
darwinland wrote:
Can you clarify how can I draw a door in the xy plane to afterwards convert in a curtain wall panel?
Thank you
You just model it to the size you want.
If you want to get it exact then draw a fill on the curtain wall panel in elevation.
Copy and paste that fill to the floor plan.
Use that fill as the extents to model you new panel.

But remember the custom panel will resize to suit the curtain wall panel as well.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Lingwisyer
Guru
Just think of it as when in plan, you are looking at the door from the inside. While thinking along those lines, model your door leaf using the basic modelling tools on the floor plan then select the lot and save it as a custom door leaf.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
darwinland wrote:
Thank you
You just model it to the size you want.
If you want to get it exact then draw a fill on the curtain wall panel in elevation.
Copy and paste that fill to the floor plan.
Use that fill as the extents to model you new panel.

when you say to model it, you mean to model like a morph? or can I build a door laid on the xy plane of the ground?
But remember the custom panel will resize to suit the curtain wall panel as well.

Barry.