BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

how do i make downloaded trees look real?

Anonymous
Not applicable
i have ash trees that show skewed pieces of paper with the pic of the leaves i want on the branches.
10 REPLIES 10
Dwight
Newcomer
post the image.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
i don't think i can post b/c it has a .tiff extenstion
Dwight
Newcomer
I see that you are new to the form.

Welcome.

The people who volunteer on this forum providing answers and solutions to working in ArchiCAD deserve the best description of a problem that you can provide to facilitate their answer.

In this case, there are many things that can be wrong - your source file, your transparency in rendering, the rendering engine, etc.

I need more information in order to help you.

You should have a photo editor to change file types in your application arsenal, or:

Make another rendering, save it as a jpg and post it so we can get closer to your solution.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
these trees came from archibam. some of the trees from the same publisher don't include a bolean function that allows you to turn leaves on and off. those are the ones that show up fine using the internal rendering engine. i have a palm tree that is an example of this. the pine tree is not one of these. You turn it's leaves on and you get the squares all over the tree. i tried photorendering it together with the palm in the same file and it still looks the same.
Anonymous
Not applicable
uhhhh..here's the palm
Dwight
Newcomer
Turn on "Full Report" in your Imaging and Calculation category under Work Environment. It night tell you if a file is missing:

Check that the image file is loaded in the library, as compared to merely having had to much to drink on the stairs.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
i moved the slider to full report and loaded the library again. the closest file in the missing items list to f_pine was pine tg. i don't know what that file is. i do know that it is not in my tree textures folder. i rendered it again and i still had the same problem. now, i have tried this over and over again and last week i know i was photorendering these pine trees and just the part of the trees with the sky as background was giving me problems and the part with the ground as background appeared as it should. i used the mesh tool to make the grade. maybe there were some transparency settings that i just don't know enough about. your assistance is appreciated.
Dwight
Newcomer
FACTS:
1: The ArchiBAM pine tree uses an image to create branch segments

2: You do not have this file in your library.

search your computer for where the texture went or reload the ArchiBAM library from your backup or original file.

Did you get this object from someone else - via an archive? Perhaps they forgot to include the image - macro images are missed by the archiving engine, as infuriating as that is.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
the computer's hard drive; program files; graphisoft; arhicad 9; archicad library 9. that last folder is the library i'm using. inside it is the garden works folder which has the arhibam folder in it. this is where the Pine1_GWL.gsm file is. Also within the garden works folder is a tree texture folder. within that there is a f_pine.tif. after seeing your last reply i put the.tif in the arhibam folder and opened up the file i'm working in. no progress.
Learn and get certified!