Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

more smooth arches and circles? looks dotted

cocoloco
Advocate

hi!

I work a lot in Archicad with circles, arches, and curves whether for interiors or product designs and I noticed that no matter how much I zoom, select thickness of the pen, or anything, the arches, curves and circles are never looking smooth, but quite pixeled , like when I am doing circular object, it shows the connections between the lines to make that circle, creating pixelled, windows 1990 look. I would prefer more elevated, modern smooth lines instead 😄 

Please don't tell me this is normal? Is there some setting around this? I believe, that I was working in archicad on similar project in 2021 and I didn't observe any issues. Print screen attached

Thank YOUUUU 

Screenshot 2023-03-19 at 9.16.38 AM.pngScreenshot 2023-03-19 at 9.18.02 AM.png
MacBook Pro, Sonoma: 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7, Intel 16GB mem,
Archicad Solo 26 and 27 (in testing mode)
7 REPLIES 7
Lingwisyer
Guru

AC version? I believe anti-aliasing was off by default in 25 & 26 for some odd reason...

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 

We work with latest one , so 26? Is there any way I could turn it on? If it’s on purpose I can’t imagine one single reason why one would like to work like that and see these results lol.  Thank you! I added anti aliasing as a new vocabulary, I had no idea it is a thing  😁

Lingwisyer
Guru

Work Environment => Advanced Redraw Options => 2D Drawing Antialiasing

Other than that, see this thread, it might be related.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 

Hi! So I tried it but it seems I had it "on". Please see printscreen, does it look right to you ? Thank you so much 

Screenshot 2023-03-31 at 11.19.48 AM.png

You can check this topic it may help,

https://help.graphisoft.com/AC/26/INT/index.htm?rhcsh=1&rhnewwnd=0&rhmapid=#t=_AC26_Help%2F030_Inter...

Edit: Sorry even I tried this way but it won't solve any thing.

AC 27 INT 5003 - AC 26 INT 6019 ( For MEP Purposes )
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB

Yep, tried to play with this setting too but same crooked looking round shapes. I woud swear that 2-3 yo ago I had no issues 

DGSketcher
Legend

In the image with the oval, it looks like it has been potentially generated in the code that created that "Label" with approximating nodes and lines?

Does the drawing possibly originate from Sketchup or some other software?

If it is sourced / created in AC and you are seeing the same problem with other elements then you really need to declare the actual version of AC e.g. AC26 INT v5002 Intel / Silicon,  Windows / Mac etc and some info on your hardware e.g Graphics card and screen resolution if you need to resolve this. 

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!