Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

"Vertical Ladder" part update request

Bruce
Expert
Could we please add a parameter to the ArchiCAD library part "Vertical Ladder 13" enabling editing of distance from wall? I have come across many situations where the ladder needs to sit more than the hard-coded 7" away from the wall.

Ta
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC27 5003 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Jim,

I used "Find & Replace" to change all the 7" entries in the script to DTW, which is the new parameter Distance to wall. (Top entry in the parameters list in the objects settings). It has a minimum of 1 1/2" from the wall which puts the uprights directly against the wall. You'd probably never put the ladder that close and if you'd like to set the minimum at more than that it's an easy fix just let me know. I haven't done any extensive testing of it but it looks pretty straight forward and seems to work ok.(Don't delete the original just in case).

Doug
Bruce
Expert
Many thanks Jim - I'll give it a whirl
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC27 5003 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Bruce,
Wow!! be careful taking advise from a guy who substitutes the name Jim for Bruce!! Not sure how I came up with that! Hope it works for you.

Doug