Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

roof maker library

Ben Cohen
Enthusiast
can anyone tell me how to modify a roofmaker part then save the modified part replacing the original part. So that the roof wizard will use the modified part.
I can't locate the roof maker library anywhere!!
Ben Cohen
Mac and PC
Archicad (Latest Version) aus
www.4DLibrary.com.au
6 REPLIES 6
fuzzytnth3
Booster
In AC 7 it's in the Add-ons folder but I don't know about version 8
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
Ben Cohen
Enthusiast
I think graphisoft must of made the roofmaker library hidden in version 8, because I can not access the library. If your out there listening - GS Tech support please help I have made some wonderfull modifications to the roofmaker parts with no way to use them
Ben Cohen
Mac and PC
www.4DLibrary.com.au
Anonymous
Not applicable
in AC8 OR 8.1 THE GDL ROOF ELEMENTS ARE INCLUDED INSIDE THE ROOFMAKER.APX
So you can open archicad with special menu by pressing ctrl+alt at the program start and in special menu mark the ignore built_in libraries
Extract the roof maker and others apx-built-in libraries (cigraph) , save this
objects separately and load them like other defaults library
Ben Cohen
Enthusiast
thanks for the suggestion. I have done as you said and followed AC's pointers about creating a file called BuildInLibParts and putting the new parts in a file called roofmaker.apx but the old roofmaker parts are still loading up along side my new ones. any ideas??
Ben Cohen
Mac and PC
www.4DLibrary.com.au
Anonymous
Not applicable
you have check the ignore built in library option in special menu ???!!!???
Capture.jpg
Ben Cohen
Enthusiast
archibaldo thankyou very much. I figured it out and things are running great. The only thing is roof maker will not run using the custom library parts so I have to switch the built-in libraries on and off, but apart from that its fine!

thanks again

Ben
Ben Cohen
Mac and PC
www.4DLibrary.com.au