BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

simbolic cut of wooden roof elements in section

Rastisan
Booster

Hi,

can anyone advise me how to do these "X" cut symbols on cut wooden columns (see floor plan below)...

Rastisan_0-1681493946282.png

... to be be visible also in beams and other linear wooden roof elements in section below:

Rastisan_1-1681494137275.png

How to change them from a solid grey fill (defined by material properties) to the "X" symbol.

I have checked section settings, model view settings and element settings (floor plan and section) and I cannot find the right control.

The "X" symbolic cut are turned on in floor plan in element settings (floor plan and section), but there is no equivalent control in section.

Advice much appreciated, regards.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution
David O
Booster

Do you just want to add them in 2D in the sections etc, if so use this 2D symbol, you can change the line colours & background colours & fills as well, the object can be stretched or you can set the sizes you require in the attributes dialogue box.

I hope it helps

Regards

David

View solution in original post

Solution
David O
Booster

Sorry I forgot to add the image to show what I mean

Timber section 2D.jpg

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
David O
Booster

Do you just want to add them in 2D in the sections etc, if so use this 2D symbol, you can change the line colours & background colours & fills as well, the object can be stretched or you can set the sizes you require in the attributes dialogue box.

I hope it helps

Regards

David

Solution
David O
Booster

Sorry I forgot to add the image to show what I mean

Timber section 2D.jpg

thank you David!

Learn and get certified!