Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

slightly sloping concrete slab

Espen da Silva
Booster

I have created a couple of concrete slabs like so:

EspendaSilva_0-1676129627786.png

From the section I'm modelling after (here as trace reference), there is a slight slope for both slabs, the left one slopes down, and the right one slopes up very little:

EspendaSilva_1-1676129677570.png

Is it possible to edit the slabs to slope slightly? Or to simply grab one side of the slab and pull up/down? Or is that a job for another tool?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Espen da Silva
Booster

Thank you all for great answers. I have to admit I'm a novice and not familiar with the more complicated methods mentioned. I ended up using the complex roof geometry method described in this video:

https://youtube.com/CD2Q4_GpmEs 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

You can use the mesh or roof tool for this. Or you can add a roof to the top of the slab at the slip angle you would like and use solid element operations to trim the slab to the roof and turn the layer with the roof off. I normally create a layer called SEO to put all of the trim operators on so they can all be isolated and turned off. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)
Steve Campbell
Booster

You can use the roof tool to create sloping slabs. If you're using a composite make sure it's saved to be used for slabs and roofs. You can also set the Archicad Classification of the roofs to slab in the object settings dialog.

DGSketcher
Legend

@Lee Hankins SEO suggestion is probably best practice but slightly more complex as a workflow than these options...

1. A roof can have zero thickness, so you could leave it in place after the SEO on the same layer as the slab. You just need to be aware of it displaying above the slab for cover fills & also it could appear in Schedules if you are doing take offs from the model.

2. If you use the same Building Material for the roof and slab they can be left in place and should visually merge after the SEO if your geometry aligns properly.

3. If the slabs are simple, you could make the slope permanent by converting the slab to a Morph after SEO or just create & edit the top edges of a new Morph slab.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Solution
Espen da Silva
Booster

Thank you all for great answers. I have to admit I'm a novice and not familiar with the more complicated methods mentioned. I ended up using the complex roof geometry method described in this video:

https://youtube.com/CD2Q4_GpmEs