Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

tilt only window and double tilt turn

Dave Brach
Advocate
I am trying to find a window in the library that is composed of a single unit with two tilt-turn window sashes side by side. Similarly I need a single tilt-only window unit (commonly known in north america as "hopper"). These are incredibly common in Europe and am surprised to not find them in archicad. I must be missing something.
Dave Brach/architect
AC26 MBP OS Ventura
AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4 GB
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
1 REPLY 1
Karl Ottenstein
Hi Dave,

You should post your locale with a question like this as each country's library is different... tilt-turns being most common outside of the US, even though many of us use and want them in the USA library.

The last project I did that had complex mulled residential windows with these elements led me to rely on Cadimage's Door and Window Builder (whatever it might be called now). The annual renewal fees ended that for me.

You can of course mull two W1 Tilt-Turn 23 windows to get the appearance of the single unit... but then have to play the various tricks to get your schedule to call that a single unit.

If you don't require 3D operation, you can simply add linework to the opening lines to get a double casement to display as you wish... ditto the hopper / awning window.

You can build your own window objects with the Library Part Maker from the ARCHIPLUS page (assuming you are on Subscription). It's near the bottom of the page under "TOOLS AND OBJECTS FOR ARCHICAD"

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB