Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

.win object into Archicad 20

How do I bring in a .win object (from the times of Archicad 7 or 😎 into Archicad 20? Library Manager shows it grayed out. Do I need to change the extension, or somehow convert it?
3 REPLIES 3
Eduardo Rolon
Try these

http://www.graphisoft.com/downloads/fileconverter.html
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

The latest package (for AC10) won't let me load the .win object. The Archicad 7 package, which I am guessing would allow me to load it and save the file as a PLA and then open it in the AC10 package and save the window as a .gsm, is from 2008 and will not open on newer systems.
mikas
Expert
On Mac you will need Snow Leopard (or older) to open the oldest converter programs (Snow Leopard comes with Rosetta emulator for PowerPC programs). That means you will need an older Mac too, unfortunately.

A win-PC could be of help with those older converters.

ps. I can't let my iMac 2007 go because of this compatibility reason. Sometimes we are asked to dig out some 15-18 year old files.
AC25, Rhino6/7+Grasshopper, TwinMotion • Mac Pro 6,1 E5-1650v2-3,5GHz/128GB/eGPU:6800XT/11.6.5 • HP Z4/Xeon W-2195/256GB/RX6800XT/W10ProWS