BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

window slider with large center fixed

Dave Brach
Advocate
does anybody know where I can find a slider window with a large fixed center and 2 smaller operable side sashes?
Dave Brach/architect
AC26 MBP OS Ventura
AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4 GB
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Karl Ottenstein
Hi Dave, and I hope everyone will read this 🙂

This will be the second time in a month I'll have made a post that resolves a question like this using the SEARCH function of the library part dialogs. This is just basic functionality that everyone should know.

As Dave noted, the current US triple slider unfortunately forces all three sashes to be the same size.

But, entering Slider in the Window Settings dialog provides a list of downloadable window objects... and I've highlighted a triple slider in this screenshot. Note the globe at the lower right corner indicating that the object is not in a loaded library - but on the internet.

Clicking the Download and Embed button does just that - downloads the library part (and any macros required for it to function) and places it in the project's Embedded Library, ready to use (and in fact, the default object for the current tool).

Here is the Window Settings dialog after the installation and setting the window to be 8' wide with two 2' sliding sashes and a 4' fixed center:

You'll see the correct appearance in the preview in the top right of the dialog. 🙂 This is basically the window that Barry mentioned in his post that is in his AUS library.

(You'll notice that this window actually has more features than listed in the search / description - there is an optional transom where each of the three transom sashes can have an operating function. Not sure why Graphisoft did not mention that in the library part description.)

For every tool that places objects... always use the Search function if you are not finding what you're looking for 🙂

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Lingwisyer
Guru
A few people have asked for this arrangement which is not currently possible with GS windows. I think CI Windows and Infinite Openings can do this. The maker of Infinite has posted links on other threads.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Barry Kelly
I don't want to get your hopes up as I know the USA library is quite different to the INT library when it comes to doors and window.
I have the AUS library which I believe is based in the INT library (it may have some differences).

In it, we have a 3-sash sliding window - do you have this?

If not do you have the Horizontal multi-sash window.
You could get close to it, but it only seems to have fixed sashes, so you would have to add opening lines.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Dave Brach
Advocate
Barry,yeah I don't have either of those options. so I just ended up using the slider that is 3 equal parts and noting it on the windows schedule. not ideal needless to say.
Dave Brach/architect
AC26 MBP OS Ventura
Barry Kelly
Remember too that it is possible to create a custom window.
Create it from slabs in as much detail as you like and then save as a window library part.
It won't be parametric but you can schedule it as it will be a window.

See this HelpCenter article for a guide.

https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/knowledgebase/25564/

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Lingwisyer
Guru
Hm... For some reason I don't remember having that option with the triple sash window previously, but I found it in AC22... Or maybe I was thinking of doors...

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Solution
Karl Ottenstein
Hi Dave, and I hope everyone will read this 🙂

This will be the second time in a month I'll have made a post that resolves a question like this using the SEARCH function of the library part dialogs. This is just basic functionality that everyone should know.

As Dave noted, the current US triple slider unfortunately forces all three sashes to be the same size.

But, entering Slider in the Window Settings dialog provides a list of downloadable window objects... and I've highlighted a triple slider in this screenshot. Note the globe at the lower right corner indicating that the object is not in a loaded library - but on the internet.

Clicking the Download and Embed button does just that - downloads the library part (and any macros required for it to function) and places it in the project's Embedded Library, ready to use (and in fact, the default object for the current tool).

Here is the Window Settings dialog after the installation and setting the window to be 8' wide with two 2' sliding sashes and a 4' fixed center:

You'll see the correct appearance in the preview in the top right of the dialog. 🙂 This is basically the window that Barry mentioned in his post that is in his AUS library.

(You'll notice that this window actually has more features than listed in the search / description - there is an optional transom where each of the three transom sashes can have an operating function. Not sure why Graphisoft did not mention that in the library part description.)

For every tool that places objects... always use the Search function if you are not finding what you're looking for 🙂

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Barry Kelly
Karl wrote:

Funny, I thought of this as well and searched for 'Sash'.
This window did not appear so I just assumed it wasn't there - which is why I didn't mention the search.

I just checked again and searching for '3-sash' or 'Sliding' works.
It seems 'Sash' was not added as a keyword and if a word is hyphenated, you must use the entire word with the hyphen.

Interestingly underscores do not need to be included.
I searched for 'Sora' and get all of the "M_Sora_......." windows.

So, when searching try using different words and even keep it generic (i.e. 'Window') to see as many matches as possible.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dave Brach
Advocate
thanks so much for the feedback. for some reason I always search for other objects, but just forgot to do it with windows.
Dave Brach/architect
AC26 MBP OS Ventura
Learn and get certified!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!