BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

Can't open file

atheodor
Contributor

Hello, 

I used to have archicad 25 student trial version with which I created a file for a little trial project. My trial expired and now I can't open this file in any way - even just to view it. I asked for an extension of the trial as I am still a student but I haven't heard back from Graphisoft. I also downloaded the archicad 26 trial version in the hopes that I'll be able to open the file but still doesn't allow me to open the file... How can I open this file????????!!!

14 REPLIES 14
Eduardo Rolon

Trial files cannot be opened except by buying the software and only with that trial installation. Opening an AC25 trial with a 26 trial will not work.

As a student you should have used the EDU version.

---

AFAIK nobody will be able to open that file.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Lingwisyer
Guru

You should be appling for an Edu Licence on MyArchiCAD. If the temporary licence they give you while they authenticate you is about to expire, then you can try chase it up like others on here.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660

Hello, thank you for the reply. I had a one month trial for edu license which expired. I applied for the 1 year one on Sunday but have yet to hear back. How can I chase it up as you said?

Hello, thank you for the reply. It's really odd no? I really just want to open the file and take some screenshots so that I can include that school project on my portfolio..... It is odd that I need to buy the software to do that.... I had a one month trial for edu license which expired. I applied for the 1 year one on Sunday but have yet to hear back. 

Trial is NOT the same as the temporary Edu licence. If you did not apply for an Edu licence a month ago, then we can only assume that you were using the Trial which means your file will be unretrievable unless you purchase a commercial licence.

Ok then I had the education license (see screenshot below). I've applied for renewal and still waiting to hear back. Does that mean that if i get the renewal I'll be able to open the file?

Capture2.JPG

Does MyArchiCAD not present you with AC26 to download? From memory, the next version keeps appearing as long as GS can authenticate that you are still a student, and once downloaded that version would work for 1 year. I do not remember if you could refresh the licence for a version you have previously downloaded. Either way, once you get access to a licence, Edu or Commercial, you will be able to view your files.

Ling.

I downloaded the AC26 1 month trial for professional use so that I can open the file and I still can't (I didn't go for the EDU one because I am still waiting to hear back from graphisoft regarding extending my license for AC25) - see screenshot below (its in french - it says "the trial edition cannot read this version of AC25 document") . 

Capture3.JPG

Trial cannot read other projects, please read the Trial requirements. You should not be using a Trial version, all projects done with that versions will be locked unless you upgrade the trial to full version by buying it. No other version can open a file created in a Trial version.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Learn and get certified!