Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.
SOLVED!

Education computer lab deployment

Puik_IT
Contributor

Hi , using MS endpoint config manager (SCCM) any option to deploy Education licensed version of Archicad 26 with serial and user ID already injected into EXE file ? 

Or to write to a license file once installed? 

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution
MinhNguyen
Advocate

Hello, I'm not quite sure about SCCM, but technically, you can run a silent deployment of Archicad with EDU license added during the process. Here is the guide.

Then you can make a batch script from the parameters above and create an executable for deploying via SCCM?

BIM Manager
DKO Architecture - HCMC

View solution in original post

Solution

Hello, I believe the correct format should be:

Archicad-26-NZE-3001-1.0.exe --mode unattended --eduSerialNumber XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX --eduUserID XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXSchool --enableautomaticupdate 1

Notice there should be no gap for eduSerialNumber.

I'm not quite sure about eduUserID though, I thought it should be some sort of email? Maybe you will need to try a few times to get the correct format. Maybe just drop the quotation mark (") and try again?

BIM Manager
DKO Architecture - HCMC

Solution

Hi Minh! Removing the dashes from serial did the trick , looks like the userID can be anything as long as it is in quotes , thanks for the quick help!

5 REPLIES 5
Solution
MinhNguyen
Advocate

Hello, I'm not quite sure about SCCM, but technically, you can run a silent deployment of Archicad with EDU license added during the process. Here is the guide.

Then you can make a batch script from the parameters above and create an executable for deploying via SCCM?

BIM Manager
DKO Architecture - HCMC

Wow! thank you! that's exactly what i needed , much appreciated.

Hi MinhNguyen ....Jumped the gun a bit , i've run the command:

Archicad-26-NZE-3001-1.0.exe --mode unattended --eduSerialNumber XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX --eduUserID "XXXXX XXXXX XXXXXX School" --enableautomaticupdate 1

Installs fine ,but when starting up after selecting new project ,still comes up with ativate Archicad , entering the userid and serial manually in trial/education does activate the license. any install logs to check etc... ? 

Solution

Hello, I believe the correct format should be:

Archicad-26-NZE-3001-1.0.exe --mode unattended --eduSerialNumber XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX --eduUserID XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXSchool --enableautomaticupdate 1

Notice there should be no gap for eduSerialNumber.

I'm not quite sure about eduUserID though, I thought it should be some sort of email? Maybe you will need to try a few times to get the correct format. Maybe just drop the quotation mark (") and try again?

BIM Manager
DKO Architecture - HCMC

Solution

Hi Minh! Removing the dashes from serial did the trick , looks like the userID can be anything as long as it is in quotes , thanks for the quick help!