Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.
SOLVED!

Retrieving downloaded license key without access to computer

Kevin Bensman
Participant

As the administrator, is it possible to manage/retrieve a license without having access to computer it was installed on. 

i.e. employee goes on vacation out of country and is unreachable. He fails to upload license back to the pool before he leaves. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Karl Ottenstein

I don't see this issue addressed in the license pooling Knowledge Base article.  A previous response from Barry Kelly to the same issue indicated that you must contact technical support to have the license freed up.  I don't know if that is still the case.

But, an emergency license is an option to keep working while sorting this out:

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Licensing/Emergency-License/ta-p/303657

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Solution
Karl Ottenstein

I don't see this issue addressed in the license pooling Knowledge Base article.  A previous response from Barry Kelly to the same issue indicated that you must contact technical support to have the license freed up.  I don't know if that is still the case.

But, an emergency license is an option to keep working while sorting this out:

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Licensing/Emergency-License/ta-p/303657

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Lingwisyer
Guru

Can you get whoever manages your office IT to login and upload the licence?

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 

@Lingwisyer wrote:

Can you get whoever manages your office IT to login and upload the licence?

Even an office administrator can not retrieve a license.

The only people that can return a license to a company pool are the person that borrowed it or Archicad/Graphisoft support (the people you bout the license from).

Or I believe it times out after about 30 days and will return itself - but I am not 100% sure on that one.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

You have to login to GS every time you use AC? Figured you would be able to log into their computer and access the licence manager using the saved credentials...

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 

So long as the original poster's IT administrator can log into the machine with the license as the missing user, then start Archicad, they will be able to release the license.

But if their employee has the computer with them and they can't be contacted, then the only hope is Graphisoft support.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!