BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

Upload software key upon Quit. Where is this setting?

Robert Nichols
Advocate

I recall seeing and using a setting that would automatically upload to the company license pool a software key upon quitting Archicad. And, when starting Archicad, if a valid key was not on the local computer, AC would check the pool and download a key if available. This required entering GS ID info into the Archicad application.

I can't find the settings for this feature anymore. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Robert

Mac Studio, 32gb ram, ArchiCAD v26 (Apple Silicon) MacOS 13
5 REPLIES 5
Jman
Booster

Help Menu

Screen Shot 2021-11-01 at 22.34.33.png

user since A3
Robert Nichols
Advocate

Yeah - I see the "Upload Software Key" menu item. What I'm looking for, and recall seeing and using, was a small dialog that let you configure so that the key would be uploaded AUTOMATICALLY upon Quit. That way you didn't have to deliberately remember to upload the key. You quit Archicad, then go home, and when you start Archicad from home computer it automatically downloads the key. Same in reverse. That way you don't find yourself at home or office unable to start Archicad because you forgot to release a key from the other location. 

I didn't have ever (over 30 years) see this dialog for individual licence, you might get used network licence where you not retain licence on the computer and when you quit licence is uploaded back to server. Let me know when you find this dialog for single licence. I did ask Graphisoft before for that, they couldn't help me with that. Somebody might know how to script system shortcut executing this when you quitting Archicad. Sorry can't help you with that.

If you on Mac you might use Remote Desktop to upload licence remotely. By the way Administrator should be able to force upload licence from Graphisoft admin page. 

user since A3
Robert Nichols
Advocate

We use network licensing. We have multiple licenses that we share among various computers (more computers than licenses) by uploading "key" to the license pool in the cloud.

karinamdp
Booster

Could this be turned into a wish? I'm now finishing my desktop pc and realising the hassle that is uploading and downloading the license MANUALLY. The chances of forgetting to upload the license after using it are so high that it makes it an unreliable method of work to exchange computers when need it (desktop to laptop and vice-versa), and buying another license as a solo practitioner is not an option.

AC25 INT
AC 26 INT & POR 4019
Windows 11
Learn and get certified!