BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

2D MOD file in same plan?

I seem to be having a brain lapse. I've got a site plan (DWG) in a worksheet. I would like to reference the current floor plan onto it. I can cut and paste a 2D version from the floor plan, of course, but it won't automatically update to the current plan if there are any revisions. A standard MOD file won't include the 3D elements of the structure in a 2D window.

I'd like to keep everything in the same PLN file, if possible. Any suggestions?
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Why don't you just create a new view from the floor plan and place this over the dwg in the layout?
Well, it's a little hard to show dimensions from the property lines to the building that way.
Richard
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Richard,

You can place the dwg as an uneditable drawing on the floorplan. Use the built in layer control to turn off layers you don't need to see in the dwg. Cut holes in it and adjust the boundary of the drawing to hide any specific areas, and send it to the back so the building displays on top.

If you place the drawing on a special layer you can turn it off in other layer combinations where necessary.

Hope that helps!
Thanks, Peter! I think this will work fine. Because the surveyor's site plan is at a different orientation than the floor plan, I was trying to find a way to rotate a MOD file in the site plan. However, I actually hadn't realized that the temporary view rotation would hold when sent to layout, so merging the site plan in at an angle and then rotating the whole thing to put the site plan on a right-reading orientation will be fine. Thanks again!
Richard
Learn and get certified!