Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

3D Cutting Planes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello all,
I have a large site plan. At the center of it there is my building.
I want to make some sections by 3d cutting planes. But i can't do it by the reason of not seeing the building. In 3d cutting plane window, it shows all drawing in the project in spite of hiding some layers.
is there a way to go? is there a command for zooming in this window?
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you go to Filter Elements in 3D View> Elements in 3D> Filter Elements in 3D ctrl+alt+a and turn off the elements that are taking up the extra space. Then set your cut planes, then turn the elements back on.

Brian
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
ogabson wrote:
In 3d cutting plane window, it shows all drawing in the project in spite of hiding some layers.
is there a way to go? is there a command for zooming in this window?
Try marqueeing the area you want to zoom up on, in plan, then view this marqueed area in 3D. Next go to your 3D Cutting Planes dialog and it should appear zoomed up on your marqueed area.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you BAS and Link,

I did it with BAS's method. i deselect all except colums. I have many arc walls in this project. when i select walls the model seems very small again. I tried to make it Link's method too. But there is some strange things in my model. There seems a line or wall very far from the building model.( may be the center of some arcs ,walls etc..) it only seems in 3d cutting plane window. so in the second way i got the same result. i'll try it in a different project.
Djordje
Ace
ogabson wrote:
There seems a line or wall very far from the building model.( may be the center of some arcs ,walls etc..)
Could it be the radius dimension with the center marker?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Djordje,
i found a wall 10/10/1200 cm. you can not select it with select or marque tool. but when i select all walls with ctrl+a it indicates. then i zoomed it and deleted. After that i tried Link's way, its working

Thank you all,
Have a good work.