BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

3D Drawings and Lineweights

Anonymous
Not applicable
We're doing our first completely 3D modeled building. The problem I'm having is the elevations look really bad when it comes to lineweights. For example, I've made a complex profile for the decorative pilasters applied to the corners of the building. You can only set one lineweight for them under "uncut line pen" in the wall settings dialog box. This is a problem when the pilaster has some lines very close together (which come out really dark) and also when you want the outer edge of the pilaster to show up as a heavy lineweight. You cannot (that I know of) change just an edge. It changes the whole thing.

I feel like by going 3D I'm having to sacrifice quality of the output of the drawings.

Is there any way to get around this? Does anyone share my thoughts? Should I go over the edge with a polyline with a dark weight? I'm beggining to miss 2D linework where things were much simpler...
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here's a perspective view.
perspective.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Elevation view.
elevation.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
The sections look great, you can set lineweights for every edge of a CP, but the elevation settings IMO are lacking.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I guess what I want (Graphisoft) is the ability to alter edges of elements in elevation view, similar to how you do it for cut elements in the 3D profiler.

What would also be very useful is having two different settings for "uncut line pen". One setting for floorplan, and one for elevation would be great, as you often don't want them the same. Example: columns. When you cut through a column with a decorative base in plan, you want the many close together lines that you see below to be a very light linewieght. But, when you do this, the same setting applies for the elevation. You then have a very light column showing up in elevation, and it looks like junk.
Learn and get certified!