BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

3d view is not working!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Marqueed off an area of my model.
Went to orthogonal 3d view.
Adjusted 3d view to side elevation.
It appeared for a moment (looking normal) and then disappeared.
Since then I have not been able to get any 3d view to work at all, persp or orthog.
Occasionally I can select an object to bring up its green outline but otherwise it is all still invisible.
I have looked at:

layer visibility
renovation status
cutting planes
model view core/finish settings

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

File:
Archicad 16, solo file, 34meg

Machine:
Windows 7, Dell Precision T7600, Intel Xeon CPU E5-2650 0 @ 2.00 GHz 2.00 GHz, 16 gig ram, 64 bit
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
It would seem you're not the only one having similar issues...
Another thread

I just tried it out, went to axonometric view (o.k. so far), View> 3D Navigation Extras> Look to perpendicular of clicked surface, and my model, too, has disappeared (image below with elements selected). Going back to perspective view does not help. Rebuild does not help. Going to a saved 3D view does not help. Looks like a BIG problem.

Closed file without saving and re-opened - problem does not occur when you click on "Look to perpendicular..." in Perspective mode.
Screen shot 2013-02-13 at 4.40.53 PM.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
They say misery loves company but I'd sooner have this issue go away completely!

However I am glad I'm not crazy - thanks for replicating the results!
Copied model content into a new file and it seems to be behaving.
But for how long? I need to use the ortho views to generate some rendered elevations!

I'd rather worry about meeting deadlines than this.
Dwight
Newcomer
What happens if you shrink the 3D window?
Dwight Atkinson
BARMCD
Participant
Hi, I had the same problem recently and thanks to Alan at DCS AC support in Dublin for the following fix:

'The quickest solution in any Perspective problem like this is to
I. place a Camera in plan
II. select the Camera
III. right-click ‘Show All in 3D’
By selecting the camera in plan, the 3D window view is reset through the camera settings..'

Hope this helps

Brian
AC-11 to AC-27, Dell Precision Tower 3420, Win10, Intel Core i7-7700 CPU@3.6GHz with 32.0 GB RAM
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight, no change.

I have two files open now - one that is working (copied my model over), the other showing 'invisible' symptoms.

Brain, Trying now...
No change.*

*left my machine on last night. came in to find it restarted (I blame windows). managed to recover both symptomatic and working files from the AC crash recovery window. Symptomatic file now shows a random bunch of objects in 3d (1 morph 6 roofs) - with nothing selected in 2d before opening 3d window.
These are visible as solids and are the only elements that get selected when selecting all.

...hang on - just switched renovation filter (which I don't use) from "06 show all elements" to "01 Exisitng Plan" and the model is back!

I thought "06 Show all elements" showed all elements regardless of reno status??

S2art can you try this?
Anonymous
Not applicable
...and replicated the problem.
marquee.
Show stored selection/marquee in 3d
switch to isometric mode
from Parallel projection settings select side view (azimuth 180).
Everything disappears.
Switch to perspective (still invisible)
Played with renovation filter 01 to 06 - no change.

Behaviour is inconsistant
Anonymous
Not applicable
As feared.
New 'clean' file has now done the same thing.
Anonymous
Not applicable
...and I'm using the latest hotfix 3270.

Next stop is reverting to AC15
does not bode well for all those morphs.

Archiwiki has a page talking about disappearing 3d information and linking it to the renovation settings. I smell smoke but still can not get my model to come back not matter what I do to the renovation settings. It is more than possible that I do not understand how they operate. The filters are linked to view settings but that still does not explain why the model becomes invisible as I am not changing the view ... Unless parallel projection retains a different reno setting?

http://archicadwiki.com/Bugs/ElementsNotVisibleIn3D
Marton Kiss
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Thanks for everyone for contributing to this topic. I was able to replicate the problem here at GS and filed a bug report for our engineering team. We try our best to address this as soon as possible.

Based on my tests this mostly comes if we edit the viewing angle for the second time. Then rotating the model helps to get back the 3D, and the view can be set again (from scratch).

Regards,
Marton Kiss
VP, Product Success
GRAPHISOFT
Learn and get certified!