Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

6 Panel Vertical Window

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, evreyone, I'm trying to do a 6 panel windows, but the panels are not one next to the others, they are one on top of the other, But I want to make it with only one window and not two or three windows one on top of the other. Also two of the Panels are awning and the others fixed, and the top shape is an arc. Here I attach a image with the window I'm trying to do.
Is there a way to do it without needing to make a custom object? and if the only way is by custom object, how can I assign some panels to be awning and others fixed?

Thanks

Capture.JPG
14 REPLIES 14
I know you said you didn't want use multiple window but just so you know, it will work just fine to do that. The windows will automatically mull at the top and bottom as well as the sides. There is how it looks with six windows.

In elevation view, just copy on above the other.

There are some fancy window objects out there that can do this as 1 window, but if you don't have one of these window objects you can still do it.

Consider how the window will actually be made. I will probably not he one single window. ?

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Steve. I guess I'll do it that way. But now there is another question, How can I Schedule that as one window instead of 6 different?
It's not gong to be one window. It depends on if your schedule is showing a view of some kind or preview picture. You can make the preview picture an elevation drawing of all the windows if you like.

You can give the windows your not using in the schedule an ID that is excluded by the schedule filters. Give all but one of them an ID of X or something, and then exclude windows with the ID of X from your schedule.

Beware, the window schedule does not update until you do something to make it automatically update, like close it and open it again. So if you don't see the results you thought you would get you might need to close and open the schedule again. ?
2015-10-26_15-55-02.jpg

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is where I usually chip in and say "Cadimage windows will do this", although the limit appears to be 5 panels - I have shown a glazing bar across the middle section of my example below (indicated by arrow) the same width as the main frame. And there does not appear to be an option for an inward opening bottom hung sash…

… but it's pretty close.
Screen Shot 2015-10-28 at 8.50.11 AM.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Steve!

Thanks Stuart!

I'll download a demo version of cadimage and learn how to use it.

Thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Unfortunately, my solution will not be of any use to you.

In Australia we have AusWinDoor Builder which is currently available for AC18 and a window like yours would be a breeze to do (Except that the top curved window would be done separately)
Anonymous
Not applicable
done quickly....but this was the result
WINDOW.JPG
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, Stuart, I made the window with the cadimage tool, but I can't find where to add more resolution to the curve in the top arch of the windows.
How can I do that?

See attached pic.
Capture.PNG
Anonymous
Not applicable
arqrivas wrote:
Hi, Stuart, I made the window with the cadimage tool, but I can't find where to add more resolution to the curve in the top arch of the windows.
How can I do that?

See attached pic.
I can't tell you at the moment, sorry. I am staying away from windows at the moment, as I picked up a bug that crashes Archicad when going to the Setout options in Cadimage windows, after updating the tool yesterday. They are hoping to have a fix very soon. I can't think of anything off the top of my head, but need to look at all the options.