BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

A Definitive Guide to Tabs in ARCHICAD 19

Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Hi All

Just wanted to show a blog post I wrote on the BIM6x Blog that explores all there is to know about tabs and how to best use them efficiently.

It's packed with valuable info and I trust it will help everyone understand tabs better.

www.bim6x.com/blog/definitive-guide-tabs-archicad-19

Please subscribe for future posts! I'm really trying to focus on information-packed how-to posts, so there should be a lot of good info there now and in the future!

Cheers,
Link.
11 REPLIES 11
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Wow, I didn't know there was so much to know about TABs.
Excellent work.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Thanks Laszlo. Glad you learnt something. I certainly learnt a lot from writing it!

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
The tabs are great BUT on a big screen it's impossible to work with multiple windows side by side.
When you switch the windows it's changing the layer combinations! This it's a total pain and waste of time unfortunately

Maybe i'm missing something...

Thanks.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Do you know that a TAB behaves differently when it is opened from the Project Map and when it is opened from the View Map. The former always display their content with the current settings (including Layer Combination), the latter always restores the View settings it was saved with.
This may explain the situation you are having.
From the icon of the TAB you can tell whether it is a Project Map or View Map item. Orangelike color is Project Map, Yellowish color is View Map, just like in the Navigator.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Following on from what Laszlo said.

This video can be helpful:
https://youtu.be/XrNsNz1PWrY
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
Do you know that a TAB behaves differently when it is opened from the Project Map and when it is opened from the View Map. The former always display their content with the current settings (including Layer Combination), the latter always restores the View settings it was saved with.
This may explain the situation you are having.
From the icon of the TAB you can tell whether it is a Project Map or View Map item. Orangelike color is Project Map, Yellowish color is View Map, just like in the Navigator.
The only difference between Project Map and View Map it's the menu of the tab. When you open from View Map you have the option to Restore View but when you change to other view with a different layer combination you must click Restore View to have the layer combination back.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I got it! You must DOUBLE CLICK the tab to keep the View as it is! (auto restore)

If you click once (on the tab or in the window) it will switch to view but without keeping the view settings.

Thank you for your time.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there any way to shut off tabs opening for every view? At the end of the day I end up taking a minute and a half to close out all the tabs. I preferred the old way of having one section, one plan etc. open at a time.
Eduardo Rolon
In Work Environment
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Learn and get certified!