Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC-10,fills,bitmap Patterns while printing

Anonymous
Not applicable
When using AC-9 I used to print fills in bitmap Pattern mode.
Is it possible in AC-10?
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
WYSIWYG

Are they set to bitmap on screen (on screen view options)?
Anonymous
Not applicable
YES ! But in Helps i read-
" This status has no effect on whether the item will be displayed on
your output; it affects only on-screen display."

Then, how can I print in bitmap Pattern mode.??
Anonymous
Not applicable
Levon wrote:
Then, how can I print in bitmap Pattern mode.??
I may be mistaken, but I don't think this is an option any more. It is no loss to me since I have avoided using bitmaps for display or printing since about 1998 (and used them only for display before then).

Why do you need them? It should be possible to replace the function with vector fills and then you have the much greater range of controls and possibilities that come with them.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I also have a hard time understanding the need for bit map fills. Slow computers and screen refresh rates seen to be the only reason to use anything but vectorial hatches for hatches.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I need them!!
I am a furniture designer and i work in 1:1 and 1:10 scales(detail drawings,ets).When printing it is enough for me to get simple,scale
independent bitmap patterns,which are not depended of hairline on/off
mode.
By the way ,why the fills 25%,50%,75% always bitmap tipe,even when
printing?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Levon wrote:
I need them!!
I am a furniture designer and i work in 1:1 and 1:10 scales(detail drawings,ets).When printing it is enough for me to get simple,scale
independent bitmap patterns,which are not depended of hairline on/off
mode.
I am sorry to hear of your loss I guess it's inevitable that when GS changes something like this there will be someone that is sorry/angry to see it go.

Perhaps for the future we could ask for a decent bitmap (non-vector) fill type now that the silly 64 dot proxies for the vector fills do almost nothing. Since the solid and empty fills are essentially bitmaps already, this doesn't seem much of a stretch.
By the way ,why the fills 25%,50%,75% always bitmap tipe,even when printing?
It seems like the above wish is already being granted. Those ancient (and troublesome) fills are now ignoring their vector attributes and display and print only in bitmap. Perhaps this helps you at least a little.

The strange thing is that their fill definitions still have vector components even though they are no longer used. And they are editable in very strange ways. The vector component can be edited but is ignored.The bitmap can be altered which then makes it behave as a vector fill. Reverting the pattern to its original state returns it to a bitmap display mode. It seems that any fill with one of those three specific patterns will display and print only as bitmaps.

This may create problems for some people since any existing fill (such as "Gypsum Board" in the US version) that uses one of these patterns no longer works as a vector fill. This can be fixed by changing the proxy - but this is a pain in the neck.
Stephen Dolbee
Booster
Levon wrote:
By the way ,why the fills 25%,50%,75% always bitmap tipe,even when
printing?
I noticed that too. We use %25 for the fill on walls and liked it that way. Now, back to bitmap for some reason.
AC19(9001), 27" iMac i7, 12 gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512mb, OS 10.12.6
Anonymous
Not applicable
I see nobody likes this bitmap patterns.Maybe you are right ,it is not
a great loss.I`ll try to use vector fills,nothing else to do.
Thanks for discussion.
Best wishes.