BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC 11 new stuff

Anonymous
Not applicable
mm.. ok i couldn't get it , whats the different between worksheets and details?

ok i can see that now i can have a part of my plan " with dimensions and text and everything " but GS add that to the Detail tool? or lets say.. get rid of Detail tool and stick to Worksheet?

correct me if i am wrong

and another thing , what is the real benefit of having separate elevation and section tools? , to organize? ok i think it could be done with the same tool , ref ID , or even if we have a choice of creating folders in View points , but a new tool? hmm

may be i am missing things?

ok i'll try to be organized i'll put what i noticed till now and please feel free to add :

-Virtual tracing : " powerful - but i have some problems updating the tracing drawing - like updating a layout reference doesn't mean updating drawings in that layout - and if i am using AC10 project with an manual rebuild section - own model section as a reference is empty? or is it only for Drawing sections-elevations?"

-Curved complex walls "for sure that should be in AC10, but at least we have it now "

-work sheet " i mentioned that above"
- interior elevation " funny tool "
- Doors , now we can have custom handle with no script headache
- multi story hotlinked " didn't try it yet "
- better PDF " Adios.. EPS "
- Transparency control in Sections and elevations and also shaded and colored methods - " but i miss that symbol of sun position now its all numbers "
- projection line control in walls

am i missing anything ?
20 REPLIES 20
Rafal SLEK
Enthusiast
am i missing anything ?
- dwg export improvements
- components in Interactive schedules
- easier Layer combinations handling
- 30 days trial version
- automatic updates
- library: new Graphic interface for Doors/Windows
MacBook Pro Retina 2019/2.4 GHz/Intel Core i9/32GB RAM/Radeon Pro 5500M 4GB/macOS 11.6/ArchiCAD 25vINT+POL/Maxwell Render 5.2/Twinmotion 2022.1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Rafal wrote:

any thing in interface? or just improvements in translating?

i am not familiar with schedules... what is that? is it like we can have separate schedules for handles and sinks..etc?

YES
- 30 days trial version
- automatic updates

yes really helpful improvement in Doors and Windows hope there are no more bugs?

And another thing... is Pen set assignment to Views ... which is really good although i am not that good yet with pens and stuff " i mean organizing and standards " but for sure this is helpful...

aaah... any thing else we are missing ?
Anonymous
Not applicable
whatever wrote:
Rafal wrote:

YES
Just for the record. This one was a direct response to a suggestion made by James Murray. They do pay attention to us and are working hard to do as we ask.
Karl Ottenstein
whatever wrote:

i am not familiar with schedules... what is that? is it like we can have separate schedules for handles and sinks..etc?
No. If a handle or sink is part of another object, there is nothing new there. (You have to program a property script to generate the handle and sink lists, as in all prior versions - nothing in interactive schedule.)

The new thing is the completion of the implementation of complex profiles. In AC 10, where profiled columns, beams and walls were introduced, there was no way to schedule their components - only the gross mass.

Thus, for example, in AC 10 if you have a concrete stem wall with rigid insulation on one side and brick above, you can only compute the gross volume of the mass in any schedule or listing.

In AC 11, though, you can obtain surface area or volume of each 'component' of the profiled mass - thus getting volume of concrete, area of rigid insulation and volume or area of bricks. This also works with composites.

More work is needed so that users do not have to resort to external applications to get schedules with the precise organization that they want, but at least now the data can be extracted. A good step forward.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
so basically its now more accurate in schedules ? mmm... great
but still i think its really scary to work with schedules and linking receipts and these stuff ... once i read someone describing that as the darkest side of ArchiCAD for me i think its even darker than GDL , coz in GDL its really powerful to create smart objects , but not necessary , while in scheduling almost all in the same level of complexity .
TomWaltz
Participant
Rafal wrote:
Like what?
They are the same as they were in AC10.
Tom Waltz
TomWaltz
Participant
whatever wrote:
mm.. ok i couldn't get it , whats the different between worksheets and details?
The biggest difference between the Archicad 10 Detail Tool and the Worksheet Tool is that the Worksheet tool can now copy text and dimensions into the Worksheet Window. Of course, the AC11 Detail Tool can do that too.
Tom Waltz
Rafal SLEK
Enthusiast
TomWaltz wrote:
They are the same as they were in AC10.
No.
Many improvements are added.
MacBook Pro Retina 2019/2.4 GHz/Intel Core i9/32GB RAM/Radeon Pro 5500M 4GB/macOS 11.6/ArchiCAD 25vINT+POL/Maxwell Render 5.2/Twinmotion 2022.1
Rafal SLEK
Enthusiast
ArchiCAD 11 user interface for windows.
Learn and get certified!