Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC 15: Plan view Symbolic Door Lacks Detail

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to create a floor plan view that cuts through my panel doors and produces the following sort of symbolic display.

This image is from another thread regarding a stacked unit problem.

My question is about the door panel.

I cannot get my doors to display like the door in this image; they always display as a slab, even if they are panel style doors

If I choose projected as a display style for the door it shows the door being cut but its closed, and lacks the symbolic swing even if I open the door

2 REPLIES 2
Karl Ottenstein
I get the display that you show in your screenshot for any door that I select a glass panel for - whether full glass or upper glass. Door is set for symbolic display and I am viewing at 1/4" scale.

I'm guessing that you're having an issue with scale-sensitivity. (By default, things display differently at different scales. See the "2D Representation" parameters for your door and or just temporarily change your drawing scale to see the differences.

Maybe you can post information about your own door that will not display as desired? What library part name and what params? Screenshot of 2D and 3D.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
In the INT library I can't get any door to display the glass on plan when the door is set to symbolic, at any scale.

Could a simple workaround be to just overlay some 2d lines/fills over the door panel to represent the glass and side frame? Not very BIM, but nice and easy to adjust.