BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

AC 22 Vectorial Hatching Doesn't Appear in Elevations and Sections

EH21
Booster
New issue on AC22. See images. This example is for an exterior wall, but it is happening with roofs and slabs as well.

When the exterior surface is defined, the vectorial hatching (which should appear as shingles) will only appear on sections and elevations when the wall end or roof side material is also defined as the same material. However, when the end material is changed, it also makes the vectorial hatching associated with the exterior material appear on the interior.

No graphic overrides are set, and I've gone through every setting I can think of.

Help!!
ArchiCAD: AC26, Version 4024 USA Full (Apple Silicon)
Computer: 2022 Apple M1 Max, 10-core CPU, 32-core GPU, 64 GB memory
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
EH21
Booster
Thank you! I did manage to figure out the issue. The section view settings were only set to view the core elements and not the finish surfaces of the walls.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Podolsky
Ace
I guess here only two options: first, this is a bug (but I never experienced it); second - your wall is set the way, that exterior surface is inside and interior - outside. Flip the wall - maybe it will work then.
Solution
EH21
Booster
Thank you! I did manage to figure out the issue. The section view settings were only set to view the core elements and not the finish surfaces of the walls.
Barry Kelly
EH21 wrote:
Thanks for posting back with the solution.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!