Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC 25 Rotation Snap Guides

Mahmoud
Booster
in AC25, it's taking a bit longer than usual for the rotation snap guides to show up, I have to move the mouse around the increment angle a few times before AC thinks I need the snap guide to show up.
Unlike older AC versions..
anyway to fix this irritating problem ?

Untitled.png
6 REPLIES 6
Barry Kelly

The time delay before the snap guides automatically appear can be set in the Work Environment.

You can also use the keyboard shortcuts to force them to appear instantly.

Barry..

BarryKelly_0-1631459756041.png

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Thanks for your reply, Barry ! 
but you mean the snap guides that you get with hovering over edges and nodes, and I mean the other snap guides that you get when you rotate an object. They are not the same, and adjusting that time doesn't do the trick for those snap guides.

They are the incremental angle guides as set in the top section of the image I attached.

They should appear almost instantly and are not dependent on the time delay I mentioned before.

However you have to move the mouse quite slowly.

If too quick then the guides won't activate or they will deactivate as soon as you move past them.

They should grow darker as you get closer to them and fade as you move away.

But they should be almost instantaneous.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Daniel
Contributor

Especially if this is a new-ish problem now that you are using AC25, make sure your "Advanced Redraw Options" are similar to the options you were using in previous versions (if the same options are available). Even if they are, response-time may improve if you use redraw options that are easier on your computer. I have used this to help with response-time issues like this one when they crop up.

Hope this helps! I would be lost if I didn't have my rotation snap guides when I need them!

Comparing AC19 to AC25, I would say it was perfect in AC19, the incremental angle snap guides. But now in AC25 it's becoming a pain to rotate an element/object. Why would something becomes worse in the newer versions?!

Hope Graphisoft fixes that.. 

Mahmoud
Booster

It is the same setting I have in AC19 for the advanced redraw options. However, it's really frustrating to see that AC19 can handle the snap guides much better than the AC25 ! 

Thanks for your reply Daniel !