Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC 27 & 3DConnexion 3D mouse issue!

Matt Schneider
Contributor

The 3DConnexion 3D mouse is not functioning properly with AC27.  I have had no problems with  with AC25 & 26.  PLEASE FIX! 

16 REPLIES 16
Botonis
Advisor

Can you describe the problem. 

In my case it works fine. 

Botonis Botonakis
Civil Engineer, Enviromental Design MSc., BIM Manager for BS ArhitectsVR
Company or personal website
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.

I can not navigate properly in 3D.  Cannot go towards the model or rotate around it.  The model goes off screen and when I fit to window the model ends up being at a weird orientation.  Like upside down or way above looking down.  I notice that you are running windows version.  I am on a mac so might be a platform difference.

mthd
Ace

Hi MS, did you get a chance to go to the 3DC user site and ask your question there ? I had a problem with my CAD mouse not working on Mac Monterey and I had to install a driver that I downloaded from there. They should be able to help you and please indicate your OS.

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura
NAAY = Not An Ace Yet

I sent  3DC tech support an email today… graphisoft is looking into it and told me to post here as well… I have no issues with ac 25 & 26, just 27.  I have the latest 3DC macOS driver installed… fortunately I haven’t started working in 27 yet I just randomly opened it up today to look at some of the new features.  This is exactly why I wait 4-6 months till I start using a new release! lol 

I have the space mouse as well and they both work fine on my system with all versions from 24 up to 27. I haven’t upgraded to Sonoma just yet because of the many problems others have experienced. It’s a pain when your tools don’t work properly. I have noticed the space mouse gets too sensitive when the charge is low. Hopefully you will get it sorted soon.

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura
NAAY = Not An Ace Yet
Matt Schneider
Contributor

Interesting discovery… I originally opened the out of the box project template in AC27 and is where I had the issue.  I was making some videos of the issues to send to 3DC and it occurred to me to open a AC26 project in AC27 and see what happened.  To my surprise the mouse functioned properly.  I shared with Graphisoft as well and they sent the info to the developers.  Likely won’t hear back till after the new year.  

AC27 is the Windows version,
Does the Space Mouse rotate left and right with respect to the z-axis?
I can't do it on 3d Windows and BIMX.
Is there any other solution?

2024-03-21 223653 Z.jpg

alexliz23
Booster

Hi Matt,

I've got two of the 3DCONNEXION Space Mouse, one wired, the other wireless (with the 7-button programmable mouse as well). No problems with either setup on Archicad 27. Although, when I first connected the wireless one it worked for a moment, then got stumped (most movement was gone, and what was left was erratic), so I just went into macOS Settings and clicked the Use Defaults button at bottom-right. This sorted everything.

Have you tried that?

Archicad 27 macOS Sonoma

It's the Windows version
It works well with other 3D programs.