Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC11: Auto Arrange Feature

Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
It does not look like the Auto Arrange feature works in conjunction with the Grid Setup in Masters. It's also a shame that the Auto Arrange is associated with the Master, and not the individual layout, as I can see different sheets needing different "arrangement rules", and don't like the idea of having a separate Master for each type.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
1 REPLY 1
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Laura wrote:
It does not look like the Auto Arrange feature works in conjunction with the Grid Setup in Masters.
No, unfortunately it's either/or.
Laura wrote:
It's also a shame that the Auto Arrange is associated with the Master, and not the individual layout, as I can see different sheets needing different "arrangement rules", and don't like the idea of having a separate Master for each type.
I couldn't agree more, Laura. I pushed really hard in the beta to have the grid set by the layout, rather than by the Master. Not everything needs to be set by layout, but grid/arrangement certainly should! Otherwise masters are defeating themselves as we end up with as many masters as we do grid arrangements. I also suggested organic grid arrangments and more refined numbering system, so that when multiple grids are used by one drawing, only one (flat ID) grid number is used and the subsequent numbers continue without skipping . Hopefully next time...

Cheers,
Link.