BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC11 is freezing frequently

I have been getting rather frequent freezing in AC11 recently. (On the order of maybe once an hour.) Have to restart Archicad in every case. I am suspecting it may be related to DirectX, but I have the latest build of this, and also latest Nvidia video driver. What's weird is the screen starts getting transparent at the top bar, or fonts get garbled, or there may be sluggish patches on the screen. Also wondered if it could be related to multiple sessions and maybe some conflict with concurrent autosaves or drawing checking.

Just wondering if anyone else is getting these, or maybe spent any time adjusting hardware acceleration with any good results. AC10 seems fine, and other programs have no problems, so I'm thinking there is a problem with the graphics card.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
2 REPLIES 2
Dennis Lee
Booster
I used to have similar problems on one of my machines (p4, xp pro, ati fire gl) even with the latest ati drivers. The "turn off direct x" on this link helped bring things back to normal, and haven't seen any performance drawbacks so far.
Might be worth a try?

http://www.archicadwiki.com/DirectX?highlight=%28direct%29%7C%28x%29
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
Thanks, Dennis. I'll give this a try for awhile to see what happens. I, too, don't notice any significant performance difference, although there are now some new display anomolies after switching DirectX off, like moving the User Origin doesn't display the new location until you refresh the screen, or highlighting/rubberbanding sometimes evaporating.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Learn and get certified!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!