BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC12 & 11 2d content in Section and Elevation Windows

fuzzytnth3
Booster
This is a bug that I have reported a while back but it seems to be worse in AC12 compared to AC11

Rather than having separate Sections or Elevations for each View I require, I make a number of Views to suit different tasks.

For example a Planning Application will have Sun shadows, 3d hatching and colours switched on. A Building Warrant will only have the 3d hatching switched on etc but more importantly the notes and dimensions for Planning and Warrant applications are totally different and so I have different layers for each but the problem is that ArchiCAD takes it upon it's self (at random as far as I can tell) to take any 2d content I have added such as dims and notes and dumps the whole lot on the ArchiCAD layer thereby completely messing up all my Views.

It's doing ma heid in!!!!
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have never seen ArchiCAD change the layers of things spontaneously nor arbitrarily. Are you sure you are putting these things on the correct layers to begin with?

Please excuse my incredulity, but if what you are describing is really a bug in the software it is so egregious that I feel sure I would have heard of it before. It would be as bad as (or maybe even worse than) the bug back in version 5 that changed all my section markers into light fixtures.
fuzzytnth3
Booster
Yup it is a known bug, I first spotted it in AC11 with a Project that had three Views showing the make up of a complicated facade. I needed to display the setting out for the steelwork and then sub-base and finally the Hardwood cladding.

Randomly ArchiCAD when it felt like it would dump the dimensions and notes onto the ArchICAD layer.

I also know of a large practice here in Edinburgh who have bought 10 licenses of ArchiCAD to persuade the rest of the office to change to ArchiCAD but this is being put in jeopardy as they are having the same problem and this is for a very large project.

Sadly with AC12 I am working on a small one off house and it is doing it almost everytime I access the Auto Rebuild Sections and Elevations. I am going to change them all to "Drawings" to see if that helps / gets round the problem.
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeoww! This is bad.

I guess I'm glad not to be doing any 2D output right now.
Erika Epstein
Booster
This sounds like one of the problems with the grid tool. In the s/e windows it won't stay on the grid layer. You never know which will show or not show in s/e windows.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Learn and get certified!