Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC15 changing wall base elevation problem/bug

schagemann
Enthusiast
hello,

we are experiencing the following problem in AC15 and are wondering if it is just us or a bug...

when trying to modify the base elevation of selected multi story walls of which some gave different home stories via the info box base elevation field, the base elevation changes some walls to the correct base elevation and some to something seemingly random.

btw. we can reproduce similar results in a new and empty AC15 file.

please also refer to the attached screenshot.

any ideas and comments are much appreciated.

ds.
macinteract
Design Technology Managers.
All  on macOS | since AC 6

Archicad Framework > Smart Template 27
Smart Tree, Transmittal and Universal Label and other smart GDL Objects
By Architects for Architects.
6 REPLIES 6
schagemann
Enthusiast
screenshot before...
AC15 wall bug before.jpg
macinteract

schagemann
Enthusiast
screenshot after...
macinteract

David Maudlin
Virtuoso
schagemann:

It works correctly if the walls are modified individually, but not if done as a group. It looks like ArchiCAD is using the story of last selected wall, so the walls assigned to that story are modified correctly while the others are modified according to their story, not Project Zero, even though the Base and Top Heights in the Info Box are shown as relative to Project Zero.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
schagemann
Enthusiast
thanks david,

we categorise this as a bug in AC15 as changing the base elevation for a selection of walls worked in AC14 and we do not really see any advantage in this new behaviour...

ds.
macinteract

David Shorter
Advisor
I'm not sure I understand the problem. If you select all the walls in the 3D or elevation window and then change the home story you can then determine the rl of either the top or bottom of all the walls in one go through the info box.
As far as I can see there is no benifit in having multistory walls on different home stories. Doors and windows in these walls maintain their relationships with their stories.
Am I missing something?
Archicad 4.1 to 27 Apple Silicon
you can't build a line
Mac Studio
iPad Pro
iPhone
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
schagemann wrote:
we categorise this as a bug in AC15 as changing the base elevation for a selection of walls worked in AC14 and we do not really see any advantage in this new behaviour...
I tried this in AC 13 and AC 14 and got the same result as AC 15, so for me it has been consistently buggy, I don't know why you are getting a different result in the earlier version. FYI.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14