BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC17 Pet Palette

Anonymous
Not applicable
In previous versions of ArchiCAD if you for example was drawing a mesh and then node by node added the survey levels once you had chosen to change the 'Z'option and clicked ok, next time you clicked a node the same palette option was already selected because you used it last time, this seems to have gone in AC17.

This is quite annoying and tedious when trying to input many survey levels 1 after the other and each time i have to drag across the 'Pet Palette' and select the 'Z' height option!

is this the same for everybody?

Is there something i can change in settings to use the last selected option unless i choose different?
7 REPLIES 7
gpowless
Advocate
Yup.

I just wish those guys would leave things that are working fine alone.
Intel i7-6700@3.4GHz 16g
GeForce GTX 745 4g HP Pavilion 25xw
Windows 10 Archicad 26 USA Full
Anonymous
Not applicable
it is always the same, every time a new version comes out, things that worked fine before stop working correctly!!!
Anonymous
Not applicable
But just think how sharp you are due to retraining your mind every AC cycle!!
Think of the yearly subscription fee as a mental health fee.
Marton Kiss
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Thanks guys for bringing this up. I can confirm that this is an unintentional change in ArchiCAD 17 that we are going to address as soon as possible.

Marton
Marton Kiss
VP, Product Success
GRAPHISOFT
Anonymous
Not applicable
Marton,

Thank you for your attention to this issue. In years past I had become so
used to AC ignoring the users, I had become cynical and angry.
The recent presence of yourself and several other GS team members
who are addressing issues mentioned in the forums is very welcome.

Thanks again for your commitment to listen to the users.

Sincerely,
Mark
Anonymous
Not applicable
Marton,

While they are at it, if it's not already on the docket, it would be great if they can make sure that the pet palette retains the last selection for all tools in all viewpoints (plan and 3D are often different) on both Mac and Windows (Mac has been typically more reliable in this regard). This has been an ongoing annoyance for years and seems to improve and decay randomly over various versions.
Marton Kiss
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Mark,

thank you for your kind words, we try our best to follow the discussions here to see how you feel about our products what are your experiences with it.
I did some additional research on this and it appears to be that there was a design decision that the pet palette should not remember any commands that bring up a dialog. Dialogs where you can set the value, like chamfer, this z value and things like that.
In general I think we can agree with that, as that would interrupt our work in many many cases.
This situation where we set the height of the mesh points is sort of different/special as here usually many points are set after each other.
So at the moment our design team is working on to find the best way. I let them know about this workflow so they will consider that.

Matthew, thanks - we will check the possibility of that as well.

Marton
Marton Kiss
VP, Product Success
GRAPHISOFT
Learn and get certified!