Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC18 - Error message - "Cannot save Plan file"?

rob2218
Enthusiast
we recently installed a 90 day paid rental of AC18 for this new client (architect) I'm providing archicad support for.

Now...I don't want to start off on the wrong foot here with this fellow...but I'm getting an error message that states "Cannot save Plan file"?
What's that all about?

Windows platform
AC18 installed (originally was a 30 day trial version and architect has since then rented/purchased a 90 day VALID key) to use on his projects.

GS please advise.

Cannot-save-plan-file-error.png
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
4 REPLIES 4
NCornia
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Rob,

Where are you trying to save to? A local directory on your computer or to a server? Either way it sounds like a permissions issue. Try saving to an alternate location. If you are able to save to one location but not another then it is most likely a permissions issue on the location where you cannot save to. Check the R/W permissions on that directory.

Best regards,
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
rob2218
Enthusiast
thanks Nick
originally the file that was a "Trial version" file was on the server. I had NO issues when saving back and forth when it was a "Trial Version" file.

Now...the file is STILL on the server, same location as it was, but the only difference is that the architect purchased a 90 day license key.

We installed the key activation code, opened the file up fine...and from time to time....I "NOW" (after it went from a Trial version to an registered version) get this "Cannot save Plan file" error message.

it strikes me as odd that this only started to occur 'after' the license became activated....nothing else had change with reference to file location on server, etc....

it's not a TW file. it's a stand-alone PLN file on the architects server and I'm working "IN" his office terminal.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
NCornia
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Interesting. Are you on an all-Windows platform or Win+Mac Mixed?
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
rob2218
Enthusiast
All windows platform.
no macs here.
yes...very odd. it started to occur within "seconds" literally after I installed the "license activation" software.
Maybe I need to do a full shutdown and restart? Have the computer "clean" its memory? dunno.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23