BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC20 View Settings dialogue box

KeesW
Advocate
I need to save some views but cannot find the view setting dialogue box at the bottom of my AC20 Navigator. I can only find it in the palette version of Navigator. This doesn't seem right. Any ideas?
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
7 REPLIES 7
Barry Kelly
That is correct.
The pop-out navigator in the tab bar is not the full navigator.

However you can right click on the view and choose "Save Current View..."
The view should end up at the bottom of your view map list and then you can move it.

I still prefer to open the organiser so I can drag and drop to exactly where I want and clone whole folders if I need to.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
KeesW
Advocate
Thanks Barry. Some things are not improvements, are they?
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

KeesW
Advocate
I can't right-click on a perspective that has not already been saved as a view. My perspective has been generated and I want to save it as a view. It doesn't work. I can save it using the palette Navigator and it inserts at the bottom of the pop-out navigator, as you said. However, I can't move it to where I need it to be. I can highlight it but the highlight can't be dragged up. There must be another thing I need to do to make it movable. Why do they bugger with perfectly working processes?
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

Barry Kelly
I can right click on the perspective, axonometric or cameras in the pop-out navigator and the "Save Current View" option is there - it isn't an option on the '3D' folder.

It seems you can't move any of the views in the pop-out navigator.

I believe it is not meant to be a fully functioning navigator and that is why it closes as soon as you click away from it.
It is truly meant just for navigation and not setting up the file.

But I think I will be leaving the full navigator docked as it was in previous versions and not worrying about it.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
KeesW
Advocate
Barry that is my point. Once a view has been created in the Navigator, one can select it and save it, etc. But what is the point if you can only select and save an item that has already been saved in the Navigator. How does one get a just created item into the drop-down navigator in the first place! I think that the drop down navigator has not been thought through properly and I'll do the same as you and dock the real navigator in that position. Should these shortcomings be drawn to the attention of Graphisoft?
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

Barry Kelly
The attached image is what I thought you meant when you said you could save a perspective as a view.

GS are aware of its shortcomings and deliberately designed it this way.
But feel free to make a wish in the wish section to see if others think it is lacking too.

I haven't really started using 20 yet and am not even sure I will worry about the entire tab bar at all.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
You can right click on the tab, it has lots of added functionality for saving views. You can pick up settings, inject them into another view, etc etc

Cool stuff. Just need to get in the habit of right clicking things more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-5g-1aXpHA this clip shows a lot of the new stuff, the bit I explained at the top of this post is towards the end of the clip.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Learn and get certified!