Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC22 RUNNING SLOW WHEN ORGANIZER IS OPEN

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone else have the problem of AC22 running very slow, lots of lag time with clicking and scrolling when the Organizer is open? I remember this happened in a previous version of AC (can't remember which one) and it was fixed with an update. But it is happening again with 22, and I also confirmed that it is happening to another consultant. It doesn't matter if the organizer is docked or undocked, everything from drawing, selection, zooming, changing views etc, it lags big time. Close the Organizer and back to normal.

Jim
4 REPLIES 4
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

I think the previous problem you meant was in ARCHICAD 20 (fix #212777), and it was fixed in AC20 build 5011. The issue was that if you had undocked palettes open that made the floor plan navigation lag. If it really only happens to you when the organizer is open (docked or undocked) then I don't think it is the same issue coming back to haunt you.

Here's what you should check:
  • Does it only happen in certain projects? Or if you start a new project from a template, place some random walls, and open the organizer, it is also slower?
  • Does it only happen in 2D Floor Plan View, or in any View? (Section, Elevation, 3D, etc.)?
  • The same setup works fine in AC21?
  • Can you try the same on a different machine in your office, and see if it runs better? (maybe it is hardware related)
  • Could you make a short video of the error for me so that I can see what it looks like exactly? (comparing the speed with Organizer on/off)
Based on the answers to the above, we can narrow the problem down by a lot. Ideally you should contact your local GRAPHISOFT Support Team with the information from above, as they can give you much more hands-on/immediate help, but if you can't do that for some reason, I can try to take a look at it for you (just post the answers here).

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
DGSketcher
Legend
I have noticed lagging and non-responsive issues on my late 2013 iMac with Mojave. I've been biting my tongue for installing Mojave too quickly but I will see if the latest update 4023 helps. If not I will look into this, although the issue in earlier versions was I think linked to the renovation toolbox and the trace tool.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Bob Moore
Enthusiast
I have noticed since going to Mojave that it takes an extremely long time to load Archicad (either 21 or 22).
Is anyone else having this issue? I have iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015), 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5.
AC 7 - 27

iMac 27"

Mac OS Sonoma 14.0

3.1 GHz 6-Core Intel Core

32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro 575X 4 GB
Eduardo Rolon
Check here.
https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=63149&hilit=archicad+slow+mojave

Also check for is it loads slow when connected to remote drives
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator