Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC26 Bug: Cursor

DGSketcher
Legend

Is it me or has the cursor become next to useless when it comes to feedback on selection? Feels like I'm shooting in the dark trying to connect associative dimensions to the right node as the tick mark feedback and other cursor forms aren't appearing I am just seeing the pointer arrow. 

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
28 REPLIES 28

We have constantly been addressing issues around cursor handling since we were made aware of them, and each update has had a number of fixes based on feedback we received through our support channels. The next updates will contain a number of additional fixes around this area too based on additional feedback.

Can you clarify the issue you are having (you referred to cursor is 'sticking')? We are aware of a Ctrl+P issue, Shift key sticking when using the context menu, and modifier keys not working when an input field is currently active. There were some issues regarding pickup/inject and when switching applications that have been fixed already.

Thanks for your time.

James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
SOLEK
Contributor

Hello, 

I have updated my MAC computer recently to the new Sonoma 14.0 operating system. Ever since then, when working in ArchiCAD 26, the cursor is now jumping around when selecting or drawing objects. This is becoming very annoying. Basically when working on ArchiCAD it is not as smooth as it was as before. 

Ive tried changing the cursor restraints in different variations and still does not work. How is this to be fixed?

Can Graphisoft solve this issue please. 

Thanks in Advance! 

SOLEK

clints
Booster

We updated to v.27 and all of our cursor issues, seem to have been resolved. Thank goodness! Perhaps try updating to 27 if feasible? To be fair though, we are still back on OS 11.7

ArchiCad 27 | Mac Studio 2023 w/ 27" mac monitor | M2 Ultra | 64 GB | Sonoma 14.2.1 | Indiana

Graphisoft have advised not to update to Sonoma because of the cursor issue and a couple of other glitches. An update is coming, the Update Preview has been released. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.0
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)

@clints wrote:

To be fair though, we are still back on OS 11.7

The issues are with Sonoma OS, so upgrading to 27 will probably not solve anything.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

My entire office has mouse / cursor issues in 26, with 11.7. Once I switched to 27 those issues went away. So, these might be two separate issues, but the 26 mouse issues are valid in 11.7. 

ArchiCad 27 | Mac Studio 2023 w/ 27" mac monitor | M2 Ultra | 64 GB | Sonoma 14.2.1 | Indiana

Have you installed the latest office update (update 3) for AC26?

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.0
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)

We perform the "check for updates" pretty regularly. I just performed it and it says both the program and the library are up-to-date. Version 5002. 

There is a 'Preview' update for 26 (build 6000) that you can get from the website.

https://graphisoft.com/resources-and-support/downloads?section=update&localization=USA&type=FULL&ver...

For some reason this is not showing in check for updates even if you have the option set in your Work Environment to check for previews - so I have heard.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11